About this tour
You don't need to wait til Oktoberfest to enjoy Central Europe's favorite beverage!Beer tours in new cities with long brewing traditions, new friends and craft brews that only #localsknow make for the Best. Day. Ever.Intrepid's Urban Adventures get you away from the tourist crowds and really connect with a city, with a local by your side to introduce you to authentic local culture and see what makes a place unique.LET US HELP YOU PLAN A TRIP - BY AIR, LAND OR RIVER CRUISE - TO ONE OF THESE GREAT EUROPEAN CITIES WITH A TOUR OF GENUINE LOCAL BREWS.You'll experience amazing destinations like Amsterdam, Prague, and Budapest with an afternoon or evening carved out to explore the region's best brews and beerhalls with locals who know.Here are 5 of Intrepid's Urban Adventures' local Beer Tours in the heart of Europe that will whet your taste for more.
The Original Beer Tour(Amsterdam, the Netherlands)Bask in the glory of liquid sunshine on this private Amsterdam tour that covers all the best bars, breweries and beer halls of this brew-loving city. From a place where nuns used to brew ales, to the mothership of Dutch beer brewing — the original Heineken building — see, and taste, the Netherlands strong brewing history.· Highlights
Inclusions: Local English-speaking guide, 3 great beers and 1 typical Dutch bar snack.
- Walk city streets while learning about the brewing industry on a private tour just for you and your travel mates
- See where Amsterdam’s original Heineken building first stood and learn how beer flavors have been shaped over the centuries
- Visit Amsterdam’s boutique bars and breweries
- Choose from hundreds of ales at an impressive beer hall
Beer and Czech Tapas(Prague, the Czech Republic)Beer. Cerveza. Bier. Brewski. Biru. Pivo. It doesn't matter which language you say it in, beer could just be the official drink of choice for travelers. On this private Prague tour you will sip local ales and discover why Prague is arguably the best city in the world for drinking beer.· Highlights
Inclusions: Local English-speaking guide, tram and metro ride, 5 beers, 4 traditional beer snacks/tapas, Prague beer map
- Indulge in what Prague is famous for – beer!
- Visit four of Prague’s true local favorite beer halls and a microbrewery
- Savor typical Czech 'beer tapas' in different pubs along the way
- Learn about the Czech/Bohemian lifestyle, stories, and beer culture from the Middle Ages through Communism, all the way to the present
- Experience the less-touristy districts of Zizkov and Vinohrady, densely populated with beer halls and hidden gems
- Enjoy the local Prague tradition of socializing in beer halls
Best Beers of Budapest(Budapest, Hungary)Sample some of Budapest’s best beer while discovering up-and-coming neighborhoods and parts of the city that few tourists visit, on your own private our with a local guide. Bond with other beer drinkers as you sip local brews in unique bars and breweries, sample local snacks, and see for yourself why Budapest is a great beer-drinking destination.· Highlights
Inclusions: Local English-speaking guide, 4 glasses of beer, local snacks such as onion rings with different dipping sauces, fried pepper stuffed with cheese, fried potatoes, and traditional scones made with pork cracklings.
- Discover up-and-coming, vibrant districts of Budapest with a local guide
- Taste some of the most exciting craft beers Hungary has to offer
- Visit hidden bars and breweries that locals love
- Have a beer overlooking the stunning panorama of the Danube
- Drink in an iconic pub opened by a legendary football player for the Magical Magyars
UnBEERlievable Warsaw(Warsaw, Poland)Explore the history and culture of Warsaw with us, beer in hand! Under the waving propaganda banners from the Communist era and with a song on our lips and in our hearts (especially after our fourth drink), together we’ll discover the post-war icons of Poland’s capital, check out the nightlife scene and most importantly, try the city’s best craft beer. We always say that beer makes history better — let us prove that to you on a quirky night out in Warsaw!· Highlights
Inclusions: Local English-speaking guide, tastings at two local venues (five varieties of beer in total), one hot snack.
- Become a real beer connoisseur as you taste your way through Warsaw and learn all about the Polish beer ‘code of conduct’
- Meet the legendary Queen of the Crafts in the oldest tap bar in the city and let her treat you to some unBEERlievable snacks
- Admire the urban planning that took place post-war to make socialist realism a reality in the city
- See some of Warsaw’s most iconic sites and learn what life was like here during the Communist era and in the years after its collapse
- Find out where locals go to have a good time in the city and pick up some tips on what else to see and do during your stay
Bratislava by Beer(Bratislava, Slovakia)This awesome private tour is all about chasing beer just like the locals do! From old town breweries to the other side of the Danube, we’re drinking our way all around the city. Take in gorgeous views, hang out with locals, and sample indie beers to get a real taste for the beer life in Bratislava!· Highlights
Inclusions: Local English-speaking guide, entrance fees, food and drinks (4 types of beer), extra fun and a surprise present!Terms, conditions and restrictions apply; pricing, availability, and other details subject to change and/ or apply to US or Canadian residents. Please confirm details and booking information with your travel advisor.
- Grab a locally brewed beer along the Danube River
- Explore the narrow streets of the city’s old town
- Discover local bars that most tourists could never find on their own
- Sample local specialties with a beer-and-food pairing at a beloved brewery
- Learn about the “Bermuda Triangle” of Bratislava
Poland and the Baltics Explorer
Uncover the cultural riches and historical intrigues of f...learn more
Central Europe Family Holiday
Take your family on a road less travelled in the Central ...learn more